Many people will recognize Moodle as a Virtual Learning Environment that can be used in schools to teach lessons and organize student information. Fewer people will realize that Moodle can be used in businesses to dispense training, share important documents, and encourage teamwork.
Moodle 2.0 for Business Beginner’s Guide will show you how to set up Moodle in your corporation. By introducing a system within your company that will allow for a centralized, accessible repository of knowledge, staff training will become a lot more streamlined, and the retention of skills will improve, leading to huge productivity benefits.
An easy-to-Access, user-friendly system is crucial to keep communication flowing in any successful business. By putting your H.R. documents, newsletters, discussions, and training documents all in one place, which is accessible from the office or from home, you are giving your employees all the information that they need to be productive and become integrated members of your company. This book will show you how to get your important business documents online, as well as the recruitment and training processes. You will learn how to move any existing processes to Moodle, as well as set up new ones that will have you wondering what you did before Moodle came along!
A beginner’s guide that shows you how to share documents, create group activities, dispense online training, and much more, all by setting up Moodle in your business
What you will learn from this book :
- Use lesson modules to create training for sales and end users
- Set up forums to create product and service user communities
- Upload a feedback form for internal collaboration and decision making
- Make employee inductions interactive and track their training with SCORM modules
- Create a company intranet to promote peer-to-peer based collaboration
- Make it easier for your employees to work from home with Web conferencing
- Extend Moodle with Open Source tools such as Mahara, Jasper Reports, and Alfresco
- Theme your site with a color scheme, company logo, and language packs
- Move your existing documents and processes to Moodle and integrate your back-office data with the enrollment and authentication plugins
Part of Packt’s Beginner’s Guide series, each chapter looks at a different aspect of using Moodle in a business environment, and steadily guides the reader through setting Moodle up in their own business with the help of practical examples, accompanied by lots of screenshots. Each chapter also includes case studies from well-known companies that have already implemented Moodle.
Who this book is written for
If you are responsible for training, recruitment, or maintaining any guidelines within your company, then this book is for you. No previous experience with Moodle is necessary as the examples are easy to follow
- Paperback: 324 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (May 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849514208
- ISBN-13: 978-1849514200
- File Size: 9.7 MiB